logo logo

Why Taiwan


  • 日期:2021-07-22

Rent Accommodations

Rental prices in Taiwan vary according to the condition of the property, the area or location, the size of the property, and convenience. It is recommended to ask more questions, see more places, compare more prices, and view the house in person to fully understand the environment. Communicate with the landlord regarding any questions or requests.

After making your decision, sign a rental contract with the landlord. To protect your rights, the contract should stipulate a specific lease term. In general, the landlord requires a security deposit. According to the law, the security deposit must not exceed two months' rent. If the cash deposit already paid exceeds the limit prescribed in the preceding paragraph, the lessee may apply the excess deposit to counterbalance toward the house rental (refer to article 99 of the Land Act). If the house lease is arranged via a broker, the brokerage fee shall be paid from this security deposit.


Other useful websites:

Information of moving to Taiwan:

Purchasing Property

Whether a foreigner is entitled to acquire or create any rights on a piece of land depends on the treaties between his/her home country and our country. A foreign national may acquire real estate in Taiwan only if their home country, according to treaties or their domestic laws, entitle Republic of China nationals to the same rights (regarding land rights) as those enjoyed by a foreigner in the Republic of China (according to Article 18 of the Land Act). The “List of Reciprocal Nations for Foreigners Acquiring Land in Taiwan, R.O.C.” is available from the Ministry of Interior.

Foreign nationals purchasing real estate are required to submit the following documents to the Land Registration Office where the land is located:

  1. Application form for land registration
  2. Identification documents of obligor and oblige of changes in land rights.
  3. Contract of sale and purchase
  4. Tax payment or tax exemption documents (e.g. land value increment tax or tax on land ownership registration)
  5. Certificate of Reciprocity (has included in the table of reciprocal countries, therefore not necessary)
  6. Certificate of zoning for land use (not necessary if the land is considered non-urban)
  7. Land ownership certificate
  8. Authorization document (only necessary if the individual is unable to apply personally)
  9. Other documents of evidence required according to the provisions of the Central Land Administration

For more about the procedures, information, and documentation involved in the acquisition of land rights by foreign nationals in Taiwan, please visit  Department of Land Administration.



Home voltage in Taiwan is typically divided into 110V and 220V. The voltage of common items like TV, refrigerator, lighting, and small electronic appliances is 110V. 220V is for air conditioning systems. It is necessary to first confirm the voltage or frequency of electronic appliances from foreign countries before use. If it is not the same, a power converter or transformer is required.

Taiwan Power company:

▼Website: https://www.taipower.com.tw/en/index.aspx

▼Customer Service:0800-031-212

▼Emergency Repair Service:1911

▼Complaint Hotline:0800-231-213


Keeping Pets

To bring a pet into the country, confirmation is first needed whether the country has a prevalence of rabies. Countries worldwide are classified as either rabies-infected or rabies-free. Currently, rabies-free countries include Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, Hawaii State, the Territory of Guam of the United States of America, Singapore, Estonia, and Japan. Countries not recognized as rabies-free are considered to be rabies-infected zones. For more information, please contact Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine, Council of Agriculture, at +886-2-2343-1401.

The next step is confirming if the dog or cat satisfactorily meets the following requirements:

1.     It has a microchip. Even if your pet has a microchip, please confirm with the veterinarian again as the microchip may have been accidentally moved or damaged.

2.     The dog or cat shall be at least 90 days old and have been vaccinated against rabies.

3.     The period between the day of vaccination and the day of the pet’s shipment shall be no more than one year.

The person who carries an animal into Taiwan must apply for an onsite inspection at the port or airport of entry, and submit an import permit or animal inspection certificate. Qualified pets will be released on-site or sent to a quarantine inspection unit for inspection to be released after the quarantine period. If the dog or cat meets all the preceding requirements and is without any sign of infectious disease, the Taiwan animal inspection authority will issue a “veterinary certificate for importation of dog or cat”.

According to the “Regulations for Pets Registration”, a pet owner must carry out pet registration with the animal inspection unit or a designated private institution in its county or city within 4 months of the birth of the pet. The pet owner must cancel registration with the relevant authority within 1 month from the death of pet. Most animal hospitals provide medical treatment, vaccinations, health checks, and pet registration services for pets.

For more information about keeping pets in Taiwan, please visit:

  1. Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine, Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan
  2. Pet Registration Information website